Marangoni partners with company in Kuwait

April 11, 2011

Al-Zahem Industries in Kuwait held a grand opening for its Marangoni RingTread plant last month.

The inauguration, held on March 23 in Kuwait City, was attended by Marangoni Retreading Systems officials, local government representatives, Italian Ambassador Enrico Granara, Iraqi Ambassador Mohammed Hussein Bahr Al-Ulum, the local press and representatives of numerous transport fleet companies.

The country, at a crossroads between Saudi Arabia and Iraq, is home to large transport fleets. Ranging from a minimum of 100 to more than 4,000 vehicles, the fleets account for signifcant replacement truck sales volume.

New tires make up 83.5% of the replacement truck tires sold. Retreading accounts for the other 16.5%.Al-Zahem Industries is the only retreader operating in the area.

At the grand opening, the company showed off new Marangoni technology, including the Ringtreader 2500 and ITT 2500 shearographic inspection machine. For more information on Marangoni in the United States, visit

Marangoni Retreading Systems is a division of Marangoni SpA.