Yokohama will have three new tires at MATS
Yokohama Tire Corporation (YTC) will introduce three commercial tires at the Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS), in Louisville, Ky., March 27-29. The 902L and 709L ultra wide base drive tires and the 104ZR Spec-2 coach/bus tire will be in YTC's booth (14124).
Ultra wide base (UWB) tires are part of YTC’s long-term plan. “We’re seeing more of a demand for them because of the weight savings, which is where fleets can find an immediate benefit. It’s something tangible. They can measure and calculate savings,” says Rick Phillips, Yokohama senior director, commercial and OTR sales.
“The 902L long-haul/regional ultra wide base drive tire delivers superior traction and high mileage,” says Phillips. “Its tread design makes a real difference in extreme driving conditions, such as in snow and ice.”
The 902L comes in size 445/50R22.5. The tire’s features include:
* 27/32 tread depth that creates higher traction while providing extra-long tread life;
* advanced rubber compound that lowers rolling resistance and reduces heat build-up, which boosts fuel economy;
* seven circumferential grooves that enhance lateral stability and create long wear with an even footprint;
* zero-degree mid belt that provides weight distribution for even pressure and increased tread life; and * A specially-engineered small block and sipe combo that reduce heel-toe wear, increase fuel economy and provide high snow traction.
“Yokohama is introducing the 709L at MATS and it will be available at the end of the year in size 445/50R22.5,” says Phillips. “It’s built for long wear and fuel efficiency, thanks to its advanced rubber compound. Plus, its special casing enhances durability for retreading.”
The 709L on-highway ultra wide base drive tire features:
* seven serpentine grooves that reduce tread movement, add rigidity and decrease rolling resistance;
* double Z blocks that increase rigidity to prevent heel-toe wear for a long-, even-lasting tire life while increasing wet and snow traction;
* 24/32 tread depth that decreases tread block movement for stability, low rolling resistance and increased fuel efficiency; and
* zero-degree mid belt that provides even pressure and weight distribution for increased tread life and an even footprint.
Phillips says the new 315/80R22.5 104ZR Spec-2, is “a workhorse that delivers longer treadwear, low rolling resistance and enhanced traction, making it ideal for coach and regional/long haul tour bus applications.”
The 315/80R22.5 104ZR Spec-2 all-position tire benefits include:
* five-rib full-depth tread pattern that delivers a smooth, quiet ride, while its serpentine groove pattern is designed to reduce premature shoulder step-down and irregular wear, and further preserve overall tread life;
* block-shaped stone ejectors that prevent rocks from traveling to the bottom of the grooves, reducing damage to the casing by 25% to ensure greater durability and retreadability; and
* ultra-wide top steel belt that increases rigidity across the entire tread surface for enhanced durability and to avoid casing damage.
For more information, visit www.yokohamatire.com.