OTR Conference Speaker Will Offer Motivational Tips
The Tire Industry Association's 2020 Off-the-Road Tire Conference will feature author Steve Gilliland as a motivational speaker talking about how to positively influence people, regardless of position or status.
Titled “Making a Difference,” Gilliland’s speech is sponsored by BKT USA Inc.
TIA’s 65th annual OTR Tire Conference will take place Feb. 19-22 at the Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa in Indian Wells, Calif.
The OTR Conference kicks off the afternoon of Feb. 19, with a report of planned events to celebrate TIA's 100th anniversary in 2020. This will be followed by two more sessions:
- a review of “OTR Demount and Mount Training,” presented by Roy Galyer, global sales and training manager for Klinge Tyre Management Systems, and Matt White, TIA’s director of tire service.
- “Wheel Torque Guidelines,” featuring Matt Hess, engineering project team lead tire and rims at Caterpillar Inc., and Galyer and White.
On Feb. 20, the day begins with U.S. and Canadian Economic Forecasts presented by TIA’s Kevin Rohlwing, senior vice president of training, and Glenn Maidment, president of the Tire and Rubber Association of Canada.
Modern Tire Dealer Publisher Greg Smith will moderate a panel discussion of end-users. Panelists include Robert Smart, procurement category manager for mobile equipment at Martin Marietta, and Lonnie Sullivan, strategic sourcing manager for mobile equipment at Vulcan Materials Co.
On Feb. 21, author Dave Rosenberg will lead off the program with a speech titled, “Locked on Leadership: The Secret High-Performance Self-directed Teams.”
A panel on “The Next Generation of the OTR Industry” will follow featuring moderator Alexander Klinge, general manager of Klinge Tyre Management Systems. Panelists will include:
- JP Dowling, director of mining, CMC Tire;
- Eric Griffin, president of Inland Industrial Tire North Inc.;
- Austin Hale, mid-Atlantic OTR regional sales manager, McCarthy Tire Service;
- Sam Kwa, OTR technical service manager, Yokohama Tire Corp.; and
- Chris Rhoades, senior product manager technical services, BKT USA Inc.
Yokohama’s Bruce Besancon, vice president of off the road sales, will deliver the manufacturer’s keynote on “Predicting the Future of OTR Tires by Looking at the Past and Present.” Gilliland’s speech will close the morning session.
The final afternoon will feature two breakout sessions. Wayne Desormeau, global product and innovation manager at Specialized Maintenance Equipment, will lead a discussion on the subject “Remotely Lift and Secure the Complete Axle of an Ultra-Class Haul Truck.”
TIA CEO Roy Littlefield will provide a 2020 Legislative Review of “How New Laws and Regulation will Impact the OTR Industry.”
For more information about the 2020 OTR Conference, go to, www.tireindustry.org.