Giti Adds 4 Tires to Light Duty Commercial Lineup
Giti Tire (USA) Ltd. has expanded its lineup of tires for urban and light duty commercial applications with four new tires.
The Giti GAL817 is an all position tire, and it's available in the 10R22.5 and 255/70R22.5 sizes (16 ply rated). Its design features:
- a wide footprint and extra wide shoulder to enhance traction and tread wear;
- an enhanced casing that provides an improved footprint for handling, plus a quiet, comfortable ride; and
- a special tread compound for long tread wear and grip.
A regional steer tire, the Giti GSR225, is available in five sizes and two ply ratings: 225/70R19.5, 245/70R19.5, 265/70R19.5, 275/70R22.5 and 315/80R22.5 sizes (14 to 20 ply ratings). It also offers:
- four belt construction, which increases casing and tread stiffness for long tread wear;
- a specially formulated tread compound that improves tread wear resistance and handling;
- four groove tread design, which delivers consistent, dependable handling and vehicle control; and
- an optimized sipe design on rib edges to inimize wear and improve wet traction.
The Giti GDR638 is a regional and urban drive tire, available in four sizes: 215/75R17.5, 235/75R17.5, 225/70R19.5 and 245/70R19.5 sizes and two ply ratings: 14 and 16 plys. The tire also features:
- a solid pattern design for increased block stiffness;
- an optimized casing and footprint design that provide even, consistent tread wear throughout the life of the tire;
- a specialized tread compound that improves tread wear and handling; and
- improved bead construction for easier rim mounting.
A long haul and regional trailer tire, the Giti GTL919 is available in the 215/75R1.75, 235/75R175, 245/70R17.5 and 385/65R22.5 sizes (16 to 20 ply ratings). The tire offers:
- a new generation tread pattern with an extra wide shoulder for extra shoulder protection and even tread wear;
- new casing construction for durability and retreadability;
- a specialized tread compound for wear and handling; and
- mud and snow capabilities.
“These four new Giti products, designed to handle tough, relentless urban environments, are a great addition for our commercial tire customers,” says Armand Allaire, executive vice president of commercial sales for Giti. “Fleet managers and owner operators looking to control their tire costs will appreciate the reduced down time and longer tread wear delivered by these new Giti products.”
For more information, visit www.gititrucktires.com.