More on TRIB's board expansion
"I think it's a good thing for TRIB," says David Stevens, managing director of the Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau (TRIB), about adding board members.
"We'll be adding three retreading companies and one tire repair company, so we'll be strengthening the retreaders representation on the board," he says. "We've been looking at bringing more voices into our discussions for several months, and the board felt it was a good time to add those voices to the mix."
(For more information on the move, click on "TRIB expands board of directors.")
Here is a list of the 2010-2011 TRIB board of directors as it stands now:
1. Bob Majewski, president (Sumerel Tire Service);
2. Eddie Burleson, vice president (Central Marketing Inc.);
3. Phil Boarts, secretary-treasurer (Oliver Rubber Co.);
4. Norm Ball, director (Michelin Retread Technologies Inc.);
5. Mike Berra Jr., director (Community Tire Retreading);
6. Doug Conley, director (Shamrock Marketing Inc.);
7. Garry Heintschel, director (Heintschel Tire & Service);
8. Jay Hofner, director (Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.);
9. Wayne Jackson, director (International Tire Repair Solutions Inc.);
10. Roy Littlefield, director (Tire Industry Association);
11. Guy Walenga, director (Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions);
12. Harrison Wexler, director (Free Service Tire Co.).
According to TRIB, the primary role of the board "is to provide strategic guidance, direction and advice for the association and to provide fiduciary oversight to protect the business property of the association."