SEMA Show, Day One: ASA offers new software -- and training
ASA Tire Systems released its newest software version(s) of TireMaster, then announced a sales training program open to the industry.
First, the software, which was updated in two ways. TireMaster's underlying structure was upgraded to Sybase SQL Anywhere 10, which not only improves database performance and security, but, more importantly, makes it more compatible with the Windows Vista operating system, according to Dave Vogel, TireMaster sales director.
The 7.5.0 to 8.0.0 upgrade also paved the way for TireMaster 8.1.0. The new features include the following:
* Service Estimator. This feature was designed to allow tire dealers to easily and consistently remind customers about future repairs without having to repeatedly look up labor rates and part numbers. It also "allows estimates for previously declined services to be stored with vehicle records, and can be retrieved at any time," said Vogel.
* Appointment Scheduler. Once the customer decides to have the work done, a click of a button moves the requested repair service to the Appointment Scheduler. The work order feature will give dealers the option to plan workloads days and weeks in advance. "It will alert you if you overscheduled," added Vogel.
ASA describes TireMaster as an integrated point-of-sale and accounting system that manages transactions so tire dealers of any size "can foster customer loyalty, improve customer retention and sell more products and services."
Now for the training. ASA also has partnered with Sale Away LLC to launch a sales training series.
The Pinnacle Performance Traininng Series is made up of one-day seminars that meet a need, according to President Wayne Croswell. They will touch on topics including the following:
* best practice customer service skills,
* what customers really want,
* effective interaction skills,
* key telephone skills designed to increase appointments and sales,
* how to create value,
* how not to lose on price,
* communications skills designed to teach dealers how to handle various types of customers,
* how to handle customer complaints, and
* proven techniques based on real experiences.
The seminars, which will range in size from 12 to 20 dealers, will be taught by Steve Ferrante, CEO of Sale Away LLC. They cost $345 per attendee. For more information, visit www.asatire.com/pinnacle_seminar.shtml.