TIA releases detailed TPMS relearn chart
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has created a one-of-a-kind tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) relearn chart to help technicians and tire service professionals make resetting these systems easy and fast.
The TIA TPMS Relearn Chart is divided into two vehicle sections: domestic and imported. Vehicles are listed by make, model and year. Each listing includes:
* the type of TPMS, whether direct or indirect;
* three columns of data that indicate when a system relearn is necessary (i.e., after a change in air pressure, tire rotation, or tire/sensor replacement);
* a relearn summary, which includes a reference number that corresponds to the vehicle's procedure for initiating sensor relearn mode (the vehicle relearns are located in the back of the corresponding section);
* the sensor manufacturer;
* OEM sensor part number, Schrader replacement sensor part number, Schrader service pack number, Dill replacement sensor part number, Dill kit and band number, Continental replacement sensor part number, and Continental kit and band number; and
* the torque specifications for the sensor nut, "torx" bolt, worm gear, and lug nuts.
"We created the TIA TPMS Relearn Chart to be as user-friendly as possible," says TIA Senior Vice President of Training Kevin Rohlwing. "All of the information is laid out in a clear, easy-to-read format, and it has a durable coating and special binding with pre-drilled holes in the corners for easy and long-lasting use in the shop."
TIA members will be able to purchase the TIA TPMS Relearn Chart at the member discount rate of $85. The non-TIA member price for the chart is $185. Volume discounts for both TIA members and non-members are also available.
To order the TIA TPMS Relearn Chart, visit www.tireindustry.org and click on the "Training" tab. You also can call Chris Bell at (800) 876-8372, ext. 106, or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Orders for the chart also will be taken in the TIA booth (South Hall, Booth #40027) at the upcoming Tires, Wheels & Equipment section of the Specialty Equipment Market Association Show, which is being held at the Las Vegas Convention Center Nov. 4-7, 2008.