ConocoPhillips introduces full synthetic motor oil
ConocoPhillips Co. has added Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic SAE 0W-20 to its line of Kendall GT-1 motor oils.
The new Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic 0W-20 motor oil meets or exceeds performance requirements of ILSAC GF-4 and API SM. It is recommended for use in Asian OEM vehicles such as Honda and Toyota and certain other late-model import vehicles, including several gas-electric hybrids, where the automaker specifies use of a SAE 0W-20 engine oil, according to Clarence McCollum, director, automotive products.
“Superior engine protection is an important concern for all passenger car owners,” says McCollum. “The new Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic 0W-20 not only protects the engine, it delivers improved fuel economy, which has become increasingly important to today’s car owners. In addition to potential cost savings resulting from reduced oil consumption, this new viscosity grade provides improved protection against sludge formation to ensure maximum engine life.”
Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic 0W-20 offers the following performance benefits, according to the company:
* Improved fuel economy performance where the OEM has recommended a 5W20 or 0W20 motor oil.
* Resistance to viscosity and thermal breakdown at high temperatures.
* Protection against sludge and varnish formation.
* Protection against rust and bearing corrosion.
* Reduced oil consumption.
* Wear protection.
* Low-temperature pumpability for easy starting and fast oil circulation at low temperatures.