GT Radial Unveils Champiro SX2 RS
The latest GT Radial tire brings race-inspired performance to enthusiasts on the road and on the track.
The Champiro SX2 RS is a summer performance tire that's evolved from the SX2 design. It features an aggressive asymmetric tread design and a new tread compound that Giti Tire (USA) Ltd. says steps up performance in dry and wet conditions.
The Champiro SX2 RS is available for 18-inch wheels with a W speed rating. More sizes will be available later.
“This new extreme performance tire incorporates proven technologies that have led to considerable success for our company on racetracks around the world,” says Thomas Okihisa, director of marketing for Giti. “We’re anxious to see it shine in Formula DRIFT competition and deliver a real winner for our motorsports dealers who cater to the enthusiast market.”
Features and benefits include:
- a race-inspired compound formulated for both the street and track;
- advanced construction engineered to limit sidewall flex for predictable handling;
- asymmetric tread design that delivers exhilarating driving performance for sports car enthusiasts;
- extra-large dual shoulder blocks for improved cornering and grip; and
- a wide center rib for stable handling and dependable traction and braking performance.