Continental to Partner with GR Cup in 2023
Continental Tire the Americas LLC has announced it will become the official tire of the GR Cup, an all-new single-make racing series created by Toyota Gazoo Racing North America.
The multi-year partnership kicks off with the inaugural season of the GR Cup in early 2023.
Continental will supply its Continental ExtremeContact DR racing slick for the series. The tire was developed specifically for the GR Cup.
The all-new series will be sanctioned by SRO America and will offer competition in 14 events at seven race tracks across the United States.
“We are thrilled to partner with this exciting new race series from Toyota,” says Travis Roffler, director of marketing, Continental.
“The GR Cup is all about celebrating car culture and motorsport enthusiasts so it’s a natural fit for us. The Continental brand focuses on delivering products for premium performance and we expect to see some high competition among the drivers in this series – especially with such a prestigious prize package on the line!”
“Toyota is pleased to partner with Continental Tire for our all-new GR Cup series,” says David Wilson, president, Toyota Racing Development.
“We are excited to get these great looking Toyota GR86s on track, outfitted with Continental’s best products.”
The 2023 GR Cup schedule is as follows:
- March 30-April 2: Sonoma Raceway (Sonoma, Calif.)
- May 5-7: Circuit of the Americas (Austin, Texas)
- June 16-18: Virginia International Raceway (Alton, Va.)
- Aug. 4-6: Nashville Music City Grand Prix (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Aug. 25-27: Road America (Elkhart Lake, Wis.)
- Sept. 22-24: Sebring International Raceway (Sebring, Fla.)
- Oct. 6-8: Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Indianapolis, Ind.)