ATD Updates Hercules Steer Tire Lineup
American Tire Distributors Inc. (ATD) has added a steer tire for long-haul and super-regional applications, the Strong Guard H-LS, to its Hercules brand line
The tire is available for order to ATD customers and Hercules program dealers in the U.S.
The Strong Guard H-LS replaces the Hercules H-804. It has a premium casing with a four steel-belt package and offers increased fuel efficiency, better mileage and a retread policy. The new tire provides 5% better rolling resistance and 10% better mileage than its predecessor, as well as upgraded warranty coverage.
ATD says the H-LS was created with EcoFT technology giving it enhanced low rolling resistant properties which surpass SmartWay verified standards.
The new tire is offered in four 22.5-inch and 24.5-inch SKUs, all of which are all 16 ply.
“The launch of the Strong Guard H-LS completes the core lineup of Strong Guard medium truck tire series,” says Marshall Gillespie, ATD’s director of commercial merchandising for proprietary brands. “This steer tire is built to provide a blend of long, even tread life and maximum fuel efficiency bringing confidence to owner operators and fleets driving the long haul.
Additional features and benefits include:
- Balanced Compounds – Allows for increased tread life without compromising fuel efficiency.
- Optimized Footprint – Provides uniform pressure distribution improving tread life, vehicle handling and vehicle stability under load.
- Lateral Sipes – Cuts through water, providing more traction in wet conditions.
- Groove Technology – Maximizes tear resistance while ejectors minimize stone retention.
- Decoupling Grooves – Help resist the onset of irregular wear in long-haul applications.
The steer tire is backed by the Hercules Performance Promise, which provides an 84-month limited protection policy. If the tire is not serviceable due to flaws in workmanship or materials, Hercules will replace it at no charge during the first 50% of tread life. The Strong Guard H-LS tire also carries a casing allowance for three retreads.
Dealers can gain access to volume bonus rebates and promotions through the Hercules Flex Program.
Find more information here.