Bridgestone Introduces Fuel-Efficient Steer Tire
Bridgestone Americas Inc. has released the Bridgestone R283A Ecopia steer tire for long haul and regional haul service.
The company says the R283A Ecopia steer tire features advanced Bridgestone technologies to offer a superior combination of wear life and fuel efficiency.
The R283A Ecopia steer tire is designed to deliver 21% longer wear life and a 3% better rolling resistance than its predecessor, the R283A. The company says the performance gains are achieved through:
* "IntelliShape" sidewall design that utilizes less bead filler volume, reducing tire weight and minimizing rolling resistance for enhanced fuel efficiency. The company's IntelliShape technology requires fewer renewable resources without compromising casing durability and retreadability;
* a tread compound that works with Bridgestone’s patented NanoPro-Tech polymer technology which limits energy loss and contributes to longer wear life; and
* a lower cap/base junction that delays exposure to the base compound, reducing the occurrence of irregular wear and allowing tires to travel further between retreading and replacement.
The R283A Ecopia includes other casing features such as Bridgestone’s proprietary shoulder design that optimizes the footprint for long, even wear, and Fuel Saver Sidewall to reduce heat generation and energy loss.
In addition to casing advancements, other R283A Ecopia tire features and benefits include:
* optimized tread depth and width that maximizes tread volume for long original life and lower treadwear cost per mile;
* "Defensive Side Groove" technology that minimizes shoulder edge wear for long original life;.
* "Equalizer Rib" design that absorbs irregular wear, promoting uniform rib wear and higher removal mileage;
* stress relief sipes that fight irregular wear on main ribs by absorbing rib edge stresses in the footprint for long, even wear.
The R283A Ecopia steer tire from Bridgestone is EPA SmartWay-verified and California Air Resources Board (CARB) compliant. The tire is available now in the U.S. and Canada in sizes 295/75R22.5 and 11R24.5 and will be available in 285/75R24.5 and 11R22.5 sizes by April.
“Bridgestone engineered the R283A Ecopia steer tire to deliver the best combination of wear performance and fuel savings,” says Matt Loos, director of truck and bus marketing.
“Sophisticated fleets today measure tire performance based on the total life cycle. The R283A Ecopia tire is an innovative solution that will help them maximize every mile.”
To learn more, visit www.ecopiatrucktires.com.