Yokohama Tire Corp. has expanded its nationwide grassroots consumer programs in 2011 by participating in 18 car shows and car club events, including the upcoming Z1 Nationals, Porsche Parade, Goodguys Chicago Nationals, Corvette Funfest and BMW Oktoberfest.
“Grassroots car events are excellent venues to interact with enthusiasts about our tires,” said Chet Plewacki, Yokohama consumer product manager. “They are excited to find out about the latest in performance and technology, and that’s what Yokohama is all about. They can learn firsthand about all our products, including our ultra high-performance ADVAN Neova AD08 and AVID ENVigor, which has been dubbed the ‘grand performance’ tire.”
Among the remaining 2011 grassroots events on Yokohama’s calendar are:
- The Porsche Club of America’s (http://parade2011.pca.org/) 56th annual Porsche Parade in Savannah, Ga., July 31-Aug. 6.
- Goodguys 5th Peak Chicagoland Nationals (http://www.chicagolandnats.com/) will be held Aug. 12-14 at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Ill.
- The Corvette Funfest (http://corvettefunfest.com/), Sept. 16-18 at Mid America Motorworks in Effingham, Ill.
- The Z Nationals (http://www.znationals.com/), Sept. 23-25, at the Z1 Motorsports Facility in Carrollton, Ga.
- The weeklong BMW Oktoberfest (http://www.bmwccaofest.org/) is at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, Ala., Oct. 10-16.