Bridgestone introduces Blizzak WS-70
The Bridgestone Blizzak brand name continues to have legs. Twenty-two years after the winter tire was first introduced in Japan, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations is introducing the latest incarnation: the Blizzak WS-70.
"The Bridgestone Blizzak WS-70 is our most versatile winter tire yet," says Phil Pacsi, vice president of consumer marketing for the United States and Canada Consumer Tire Sales division. "It's built for peak performance on not just snow and ice, but also on wet and dry surfaces, creating an ideal tire for all winter weather."
Features include the following:
* a proprietary NanoPro-Tech rubber compound for snow and ice performance;
* Multicell technology with bite particles designed to scratch icy surfaces for traction;
* improved water drainage (through wider air bubble channels) compared to the Blizzak WS-60;
* "enhanced snow and slush performance through optimized tread width, which creates an elongated footprint," according to the company;
* new 3D Sipes engineered to give the next generation Blizzak improved ice and dry performance by improving block stiffness; and
* four main grooves for drainage and slush performance.
The WS-70 will be available in 35 T-rated, 15- through 18-inch sizes in July. The Blizzak WS-60 will remain available in 19 select sizes.