Goodyear takes ComforTred to the next level
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. introduced a new tire with a familiar name at its dealer meeting in Orlando, Fla., today (Jan. 25) -- the Assurance ComforTred Touring.
According to the company, the new tire "leverages the equity built into the ComforTred name and offers new and innovative comfort and handling features" for a wide range of vehicles, including the Audi A6, BMW 3-series, Chrysler Town and Country, Ford Taurus, Lexus LS-Series, Saturn Sky, Toyota Sienna and Volkswagen Jetta, to name a few.
The features include the following:
* "dual comfort zones" in the tread and sidewall that help optimize comfort and handling;
* a special "comfort layer" in the tread designed to help provide more cushion than the previous ComforTred;
* an asymmetric tread pattern "that helps provide refined handling and confident wet traction";
* ComfortEdge sidewalls engineered to provide "a versatile balance of comfort and handling"; and
* wide circumferential grooves that help evacuate water away from the tread.
The ComforTred Touring is available in 34 "luxury and upper mid-value" P-metric and metric sizes ranging from 195/60HR15 to P235/60VR18. There are six 15-inch sizes, 10 16-inch sizes, 13 17-inch sizes and five 18-inch sizes.
Six sizes are T-rated, 18 are H-rated and 10 are V-rated. The T- and H-rated sizes are backed by an 80,000-mile limited tread wear warranty; the V-rated sizes come with a 70,000-mile warranty.