More than 145,000 were at industry’s top shows
Las Vegas was the center of the automotive universe during the recent Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show and the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX).
More than 145,000 attended the trade shows, a 5% increase over 2013. The total number of exhibiting companies at the SEMA Show, which includes 263 exhibitors at the Global Tire Expo (GTE), was 2,379.
Modern Tire Dealer was there to cover the products, technologies and announcements. Highlights include:
* New warehouse, high-speed flotation tire and new solid skid steer tire from Alliance Tire Americas Inc.;
* New on and off-road tire, all-season highway cross-over and SUV tire, commercial van tire and radial light truck tire from Sentury Tire Americas.;
* New marketing strategy from Falken Tire Corp.;
* New ultra-high performance tire from Vee Rubber America Inc.;
* New associate dealer program from Nexen Tire America Inc.; and
* New Timberland tire, a result of the Omni United (S) Pte. LTd. and Timberland LLC partnership.
And those are just some of the announcements from some of the tire companies. For complete coverage, read SEMA Show 2014 in the December digital edition or print issue of MTD.